Saturday, August 9, 2008

New PTI Stamps

Well they aren't New, new, but new to me. I have to say I really like these stamps. I like the images they have and that they come in their own little CD storage case.

The stamps are from Papertrey Ink. I used "Father Knows Best" and "Birds of a Feather". On the card I made for my dad I had seen over at Splitcoast Stampers that someone had used Crystal Effects on the leave of the tree and I loved the way it look and was dying to try it! Here's the details:

Paper: Aqua Mist and I layered Spring Moss on top of that. I stamped the image and sentiment onto their Kraft CS.

Ink: I stamped the image with Chocolate Impress Ink. I wanted the sentiment to stand out so I stamped it in black.

Copics: G28, G24, Y15. On some of the leaves I layered the Y15 and G24

I then used Crystal Effects on the leaves and added some Aquamist Ribbon on top. I hope he likes it.

On my mother's card I used the Birds of a Feather stamps.

Paper: PTI Spring Moss which my ddaughter distressed, she wanted to help. Then I added some of Tim Holtz's Distress Powder and heated it up with my heat gun, I don't know if I like this stuff yet. It definitely gives it a rough texture. I grabbed the wrong pad (Versamark not the embossing pad) so I don't know how much of a difference that would have made. So I won't make up my mind on this until I do it correctly.

The DP is K&Company Classic K Charlotte Pack (I got it half price at AC Moore) I love it when I get a deal. The paper under the ribbon was from a kit club that I used to belong to and I used my SU corner rounder to make the scalloped edge

Ink: I stamped the Bird with Tim Holz's Weathered Wood and the sentiment on the reverse side of the DP and punched it out with a scallop punch I had.

The ribbon and the corner accent was also from one of the kits that I have had for a couple of years that I haven't done anything with.

I don't know if you can tell but when I was putting the card together I accidental put the DP with my stamped image upside down, it is almost covered with the ribbon and scallop, oh well, live and learn. I think my mom will like it anyway. Off to make more cards. I bought some new clear stamps from Inkadoodle that I think I will try out today. They are Cupcakes, seems to be all the rage.

I will post that when I am done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment